Student Projects in Nuclear Physics
From UConn PAN
This work is supported by the U.S. National Science Foundation under grant 1207857
- Tagger Microscope Construction
- GlueX Tagger Microscope - James McIntyre
- Tagger Microscope & Active Collimator Construction - James McIntyre
- Preparations for Construction of the Full-Scale Tagger Microscope - Ann Marie Carroll, Jonathan Kulakofsky, Liana Hotte, Kenny Brand, Aaron Carta
- Tagger Microscope Engineering Drawings - James McIntyre
- Component Machining - James McIntyre, Brendan Pratt
- Igor's repository of mechanical drawings - Igor Senderovich
- Calibration Device for Scintillators - John Turner, Emily Briere
- Microscope Electronics - Alex Barnes, Igor Senderovich
- Construction Phase - James McIntyre
- Fiber Splicing - James McIntyre, Ann Marie Carroll
- Euro Card Connectors - Alex Barnes, James Mcintyre
- Diamond Radiator Fabrication and Mounting (live feed of ablation facility)
- Hadron Spectroscopy
- Mentor Connection 2012 - Ramone Brown and Solomon Utain, 7/2012.
- Design and Fabrication of Calibration Device for Scintillating Fibers of Tagger Microscope for use in GlueX’s QCD Experiment - Emily Briere, 8/2012.
- Active Collimator Beam Test Data Analysis - Ann Marie Carroll, 12/2011.
- Diamond Radiator R&D Phase I - Igor Senderovich, Brendan Pratt, James McIntyre, Chris Pelletier, and Matt Heiss, 5/2010.
- Tagger Microscope Prototyping - James McIntyre, Igor Senderovich, Brendan Pratt, Woody Underwood, and Carl Nettleton, 5/2009.
- Analysis of Michelson Interference Images, Alisa Engsberg, undergraduate summer internship final report, 8/2008
Talks and Posters
- Diamond Radiator Machining with Laser Ablation (poster, 3/2012) - Brendan Pratt
- Design and Testing of Photon Tagger Electronics (poster, 3/2012) - Alex Barnes
- Tagger Microscope (poster, 3/2012) - James McIntyre
- Identiﬁcation of New 5-pion Meson States (poster, 3/2012) - Igor Senderovich
- Thin Diamond Radiator Fabrication for the GlueX Experiment (talk, DNP-2012, Newport Beach, CA, Oct. 24-27, 2012) - Brendan Pratt
- Collimation and Tagging Instrumentation for the GlueX Photon Beamline (talk, DNP-2012, Newport Beach, CA, Oct. 24-27, 2012) - R.T. Jones, Ann Marie Carroll, Igor Senderovich
- CHESS Rocking Curve Measurements of Diamond Radiators for the GlueX Experiment - Brendan Pratt
- Understanding Confinement in Quantum Chromodynamics Through the GlueX Experiment (talk, Juniata College invited seminar talk, Nov. 2 2012) - Alex Barnes
- Igor Senderovich, "Search for Gluonic Excitations in Hadrons with GlueX", PhD thesis, University of Connecticut, August 24, 2012.
- Emily Briere, "Design and Fabrication of Calibration Device for Scintillating Fibers of Tagger Microscope: For use in GlueX’s QCD Experiment", REU project final report, August 1, 2012.
- Igor Senderovich, "Search for Gluonic Excitations in Hadrons with GlueX", Proceedings of the XIV International Conference on Hadron Spectroscopy, eds. S. Paul and N. Barmbilla, Munich, Germany, July 13-17, 2011.
- Administrative Guide for New Group Members
- How to print a poster in P403
- Notes on distributed authoring software tools
- Example page - Richard Jones
- Test page - testing